- It must occur during the performance of an act that an employee might prudently do while in appropriate area during working hours.
- Or occur during an activity which furthers the business of the employer, where the employer is or could be exercising some control.
- Employees who are required to travel for their job are usually covered under Workman’s Compensation if they are injured on the job, while engaging in an activity that is necessary and furthers the business of the employer, where the employer could be exercising some control over the situation.
- There are Grey Areas:
- This is difficult because your business has no control over the work environment. It’s another grey area and an injury during work from home may or may not be covered under worker’s compensation.
- Many factors are considered when determining if an employee is covered under Workers’ Compensation
- There is a muted line between a work and a non-work activity.
Having Trouble Understanding Workers' Compensation?
Want help arranging your Workers' Compensation Policy?
Executive Insurance & Financial Services
Or E-Mail Us